29 Anti-Aging Skincare Products to Restore Your Youth
Anti-aging skincare rituals have been a part of people’s lives for centuries. From the time of Cleopatra, who was rumored to bathe in milk to stay young, to the adventures of Ponce de Leon to find the Fountain of Youth, keeping skin healthy and young has been a sought-after secret.
If you want to age gracefully, it’s not something that can be accomplished with just one dip in a fountain or a bath in milk – it takes a variety of products to help turn back the hands of time. Here are some of the best anti-aging skincare products to introduce into your skincare routine.
How to Choose the Best Anti-Aging Wrinkle Cream?
If you want to choose the wrinkle skincare products that are right for you and your skin, you first have to know the basics.
Scan the Label
Wrinkle creams worth their weight in gold also have the most quality active ingredients. It may seem like the list of ingredients isn’t an important thing to take a look at since it’s likely filled with things you’ve never heard of, but you still should. Do your research and look for some of these ingredients in the anti-aging skincare products you consider:
- Retinoids – These are Vitamin A compounds that when applied to the skin help to repair sun damage as they reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C – Also listed as ascorbic acid, this is an antioxidant that helps to protect your skin from free radicals that can cause wrinkles. It also works to protect the skin from sun damage and reduce the look of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Coenzyme Q10 – This ingredient is meant to help reduce the fine lines in the fragile skin around the eyes and protect it from sun damage.
- Hydroxy acids – You’ll see this ingredient often listed as AHA (alpha hydroxy acid), lactic acid, citric, or glycolic acid. It’s meant to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin and prepare it to better absorb other anti-aging products you apply.
- Peptides – This is a molecule found naturally in the skin that stimulates collagen production. Applying an anti-aging product containing peptides helps to improve skin texture and reduces wrinkles.
- Grape seed extract – This anti-inflammatory and antioxidant ingredient helps to promote collagen production and gives the skin a youthful appearance.
- Niacinamide – Another powerful antioxidant, this variant of niacin reduces the loss of water in your skin to help improve its elasticity.
Understand Your Skin Type
If you want to find the right skincare products, then you need to first understand the type of skin you have. Look carefully at your skin after washing with a cleanser and gently patting it dry.
- Normal skin – This type of skin is not too oily and not too dry, it’s just right! If you are blessed with this skin type, then you are not prone to blemishes or breakouts and your skin is balanced all over.
- Oily skin – If you have oily skin, then your skin has excess oil. This is noticed most commonly in the forehead, nose, and chin area of the face also called the T-zone. If you have oily skin, then you may notice your skin looks greasy, shiny, and is prone to breakouts and blemishes.
- Dry skin – You will notice that dry skin is flakey, itchy, irritated, rough, or scaly. Overall, you probably notice that your skin looks and feels dehydrated.
- Combination skin – This skin type is exactly what it sounds like. Some areas are dry while others are oily. The most common presentation of combination skin is a forehead, nose, and chin that appear shiny while the cheeks look normal or a little dry.
- Sensitive skin – Sensitive skin varies from person to person. You may not always notice visible signs of sensitivity or feel discomfort, but sometimes you can notice redness, irritation, and dryness.
Factor in Sensitivities
Speaking of sensitive skin, it’s important to think about what you’re applying to your skin every day to avoid sensitivities. A flare-up once after trying a new product doesn’t necessarily mean you have sensitive skin, but you should still do your best to avoid these ingredients in skincare products you choose:
- Harsh exfoliants
Look for Prime Packaging
You may think the packaging of the skincare products you buy is simply a flashy way to sell it to you, but it makes a difference in the quality of the product you’re purchasing. Many of the main ingredients in anti-aging skincare products that make them so effective, such as retinol and Vitamin C, will break down if exposed to air and light, making them less effective.
The quality of the ingredients used in your skincare products matters, but those products must be preserved in the correct packaging. Here’s what type of packaging to look for in each type of skincare product:
- Airtight pumps – Any formulas intended for use with sensitive skin or products that contain delicate anti-aging ingredients such as antioxidants, retinol, and peptides must be in an airtight pump
- Non Airtight pump – Many lotions and cleansers come in non-airtight pumps and that’s a good thing. Dispensing products in this way helps to keep it hygienic and correct metered doses.
- Tubes – This type of packaging helps to reduce exposure to air and are good for creams and moisturizers that tend to contain unstable ingredients such as retinol
- Jars and tubs – If you use a thick cream, body moisturizer, or ointment, then a jar or tub is the best option. Just remember that each time you open and touch the contents of a jar or tub, you are contaminating it, making it a bad choice for facial products.
- Small pots – This is not an airtight container, so restrict small pots to lip balm and products that aren’t water-based
- Plastic or clear glass bottles – Toners and cleansers are fine to purchase in this type of packaging as long as they don’t contain sensitive ingredients
- Medicine droppers – These are best for liquid skincare products that are applied in small doses with your fingertips, such as serums
How to Get the Most Out of Your Anti-Aging Skincare Products
Let’s face it, you’re investing time and money in your anti-aging skincare products because you want results. In order to get the results that you want, then there are a few key things you need to take to heart when it comes to your skincare routine.
Layer in the Correct Order
There is a method to the anti-aging skincare madness of the products you have assembled. The sequence is essential to success and allows your skin to receive the full benefits of each product applied, which is why you must layer your products in the correct order in both the morning and night.
In the morning, apply your products in this order:
- Moisturizing antioxidant
At night, you should follow this order:
- Moisturizing pigment corrector
The rule of thumb with any skincare routine is to start with the product with the thinnest consistency and end with the product that has the thickest.
Make Sure the Ingredients Get Along
Skincare products are made to be layered, but there are some ingredients in skincare products that simply do not go together. Mixing these ingredients can result in redness, irritation, or simply canceling the other out so your skin receives no benefit.
To ensure you don’t accidentally sabotage your skincare efforts, do not mix:
- Skin brightening products with exfoliators
- Ultraviolet light and retinoids
Make Sure to Exfoliate
If you want to promote youthful-looking skin, then the key is exfoliation. It works to slough off dead skin cells and promotes smoother, softer skin and it helps to increase circulation to help your body with its natural regeneration process. This all results in firmer, brighter, and healthier-looking skin. So, don’t forget to exfoliate!
Store Your Products Properly
How you store your skincare products is no small detail because it will impact how effective they are and the length of their shelf life. Factors such as heat as well as exposure to light and air can render the active ingredients in your anti-aging skincare products ineffective.
Follow these general guidelines to ensure your skincare products are stored correctly:
- Keep them out of the sun/light and store in a dark location
- Keep them cool
- Avoid steam
Great skin doesn’t happen overnight. As long as you’re seeking out the best products and using them the correct way, you should begin to notice a change in your skin about six weeks after you begin your anti-aging skincare routine. Hang in there – your skin will thank you!
The Best Cleansers
Cleaners will help wash away all the dirt and debris that collects on your face throughout the day. Check out our recommended cleaners.
This gentle self-foaming cleanser won’t dry or irritate your skin as it works hard to wash away impurities. It blends vitamins and moisturizers to restore your skin’s balance as it soothes and softens. This cleanser is sulfate, paraben, and fragrance-free, making it an excellent choice for even the most sensitive skin.
Gently cleanse away dead cells on the surface of your skin to reveal vibrant skin underneath with this cleanser. The papaya extract also works to wash away buildup on the surface of your skin while delivering vitamins and minerals to keep your skin moisturized and balanced. Ideal for all skin types.
Cleansing pads are a great way to clean skin when you’re on the go. These glycolic cleansing pads hydrate, exfoliate and restore the skin as you wipe away surface impurities to reveal fresh, clean skin. They also use witch hazel to reduce pores and remove surface oil and vitamins to soothe the skin. Great for all skin types.
Problematic, oily skin just got a little help with this cleanser! It gently removes dead skin cells, oil, and dirt from the pores without stripping away the skin’s natural moisture balance. It also uses willow bark and menthol to help soothe inflamed, irritated skin caused by skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne, and eczema. A great cleanser for those with oily skin, but also great for sensitive skin, normal skin, and combination skin.
The Best Toners
Firm up your skin and decrease the amount of oil in your pores. Check out our recommended toners.
This mist utilizes the calming power of witch hazel to tighten pores and smooth the skin as it removes excess surface oil. It also contains green tea and ascorbic acid, two powerful antioxidants, to help protect the skin from free radicals as it illuminates skin. An ideal toner for all skin types.
A great choice for all skin types, this alcohol-free toner hydrates with plant extracts to help keep the skin at its ideal pH level as it conditions the skin for the next product in your anti-aging skincare routine.
Hyaluronic acid, or HA, is a naturally-occurring substance in your skin that helps it to lock in moisture. A few drops of this product and you’ll find that it helps to repair and maintain your skin’s natural moisture barrier all day long, helping your skin to feel plumper and look brighter.
Toner is meant to tone up the skin and that’s something you’ll find this cleansing pad easily delivers, even on the go. Your skin will feel refreshed and clean, but most importantly will be ready for the other skincare products in your anti-aging routine.
The Best Serums
Improve the appearance of your skin with specialized serums. Check out our recommended serums.
Collagen is essential to healthy, younger-looking skin. It also happens to be one of the things that older skin struggles to maintain and produce. This serum helps to support healthy collagen production in the skin as it protects your skin from the free radicals that seek to damage it. A great serum choice for all skin types.
Improve the signs of aging and protect your skin from environmental damage with this antioxidant-rich serum that harnesses the power of ferulic acid and vitamin C. It also works to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines as it brightens your complexion and firms your skin. An excellent choice for all skin types but especially those who struggle with skin hyperpigmentation, dryness, and loss of firmness.
This serum uses vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and copper tripeptide growth factors to protect, heal, and hydrate skin. Its special formula is ideal for those with scars, acne, and uneven pigmentation on the face as it promotes collagen production and encourages wound healing in order to restore the skin’s natural radiance.
A multi-tasking serum that provides anti-acne, anti-aging, and skin-brightening all in one, this serum promotes a softer skin texture as it reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps to soothe acne-prone skin and reduce hyperpigmentation. Best for oily and combination skin.
Re-hydrate your skin and give it the best chance to fight fine lines and wrinkles. Check out our recommended moisturizers.
This natural moisturizer helps lock in moisture all day long. With the use of a few drops, your skin will be armed with robust repair mechanisms that will help protect your skin’s natural moisture barrier. This moisturizer plumps up the skin while giving a youthful glow.
As you age, your skin struggles to maintain certain lipids that help it stay hydrated which can result in loss of fullness and more noticeable fine lines and wrinkles. You can correct that by providing your skin with the lipids and nutrients it needs in this moisturizer, which is infused with fast-absorbing antioxidants and vitamins to improve the skin’s texture and reduce damage by free radicals. Best for use with normal or dry skin.
This moisturizer restores balance to your skin as it hydrates, smooths and softens. It even includes humectants that draw moisture from the air around you to provide continuous moisture to the places your skin needs it most. An ideal moisturizer for all skin types.
Specialize mask can target problem areas and ensure you get the benefits that you need. Check out our recommended mask.
This mask instantly hydrates dry, stressed skin as it plumps it up and reduces redness. The key to the super soothing powers of this mask lay in its use of aloe vera gel, chamomile, and cucumber extract. The peptides work to help boost collagen production and improve your skin’s ability to maintain its moisture barrier, promoting elasticity that helps the skin appear more youthful. A great mask for all skin types.
This purifying mask helps to cleanse, soothe, and exfoliate skin for a deep clean that is beneficial to those with oily skin. It uses salicylic acid to clean pores, tea tree oil to soothe skin, and sage extract to provide a punch of skin-protecting antioxidants. A great mask for those with oily, acne-prone skin but gentle enough for normal, combination, and sensitive skin too.span>
Reduce the look of fine lines, sun damage, and hyperpigmentation as you restore a youthful glow with this exfoliating mask. It first works to scrub away dead skin cells to smooth your skin’s texture, then polishes the skin for a softer and brighter look when you’re finished. It’s great for all types of skin, but especially those struggling with sun damage and wrinkles.
Improve the natural radiance of your skin as well as minimize pores with the help of Nazarian Skincare Polish. It gently exfoliates skin to remove dead skin cells, leaving you with younger-looking, healthier skin. It’s gentle enough for all skin types.
Sunscreen is a must. You should make it part of your everyday skincare routine. Check out our sunscreen recommendations.
Protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun is essential to your anti-aging skincare routine, so use the antioxidant-rich formula in Alastin Hydratint to deliver broad-spectrum protection from the sun as it helps protect your skin against environmental damage. It also includes a universal tint that works to enhance and smooth most skin tones and is great for all skin types.
This lightweight broad-spectrum sunscreen shields your skin from UVA and UVB rays of the sun. It’s a gentle fragrance-free formula with lactic acid and sodium hyaluronate makes it ideal for everyday use to moisturize and refine the skin as it protects. It’s ideal for those with sensitive skin and those with skin prone to breakouts.
A tinted daily moisturizer, Intellishade moisturizes, protects, corrects, conceals, and brightens your skin all at once. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles as it protects your skin from the sun and damaging free radicals. A great sunscreen choice for all types of skin.
Prevent premature aging with this sunscreen that protects as it erases fine lines and wrinkles and evens your skin tone. A lightweight texture makes it ideal for everyday use and as a base for makeup. It’s an ideal choice for any type of skin.
Best At-Home Devices
There’s more to an anti-aging skincare routine than the products you put on your skin, there are also at-home devices that work to enhance and repair your skin to restore a youthful appearance and glow.
This FDA-approved system utilizes LED light technology at four different wavelengths to reduce fine lines and wrinkles as it improves the look and health of your skin. You can also use it to increase your skin’s elasticity and firmness as well as reduce the size of pores. It’s easy to use at home and is ideal for any skin type.
Rejuvenation isn’t simply for the skin on your face but for every part of you! The vFit+ is a safe, at-home treatment to help improve sexual sensation that harnesses the power of gentle heat, sonic technology, and low-level light. It encourages blood flow to help rejuvenate vaginal tissue.
Enhance the look and feel of your skin with this at-home needling instrument. It’s designed especially for the most sensitive areas of your face with micro-needles that gently penetrate the skin to rejuvenate and boost collagen production. It can help to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles as well as improve the overall texture of your skin. Plus, it’s 24 karats gold plated, which means it’s naturally resistant to bacterial growth to keep it effortless to clean and care for.
In the fight against premature aging, it’s a good thing you’ve got the Bluestone Sunshield in your corner. This stylish UV-filtering sun shield helps to protect your skin every day or in the times when you need it most, such as after a laser treatment. It has an adjustable visor that allows you to cover your whole face or use it as a hat when you’re out in the sun. Use it in conjunction with your normal SPF anti-aging skincare routine and you’ve got a winning combination to keep your skin healthy and young.