While no one is excited about spending 3 weeks quarantined in our homes, there are some amazing benefits to having this time for yourself. How often do we get the time to pamper ourselves? Dr. Nazarian wants to help you come out of quarantine feeling rejuvenated. She shares one of her top secrets to help treat body acne and dark spots.
What Causes Body Acne?
Body acne is caused by overactive oil glands, an excess of dead skin cells, as well as bacteria. The development of acne begins when oil and dead skin cells are trapped within the follicle (pore). This blockage will then turn into a blackhead and may transform into an inflamed pimple depending on invading bacteria. Most body acne appears on the back and upper half of the body. Even some clothing can cause body acne to occur.
Ways to Deter Body Acne From Occurring:
- Wear breathable, natural fibers.
- Always take a shower after sweating.
- Acne will cause more dead skin cells, so it’s important to exfoliate to remove these cells and decrease the chances of clogged pores.
- When your body moisture is off balance your skin will produce too much oil to compensate. So, make sure you moisturize appropriately.
- Bacteria harbors on your cell phone, so you must wipe it off daily. The spreading of bacteria among your hands and face will cause breakouts on various parts of your body.
- Your pillowcase is a breeding ground for bacteria, so make sure you change it out often.
What are Dark Spots?
Hyperpigmentation, also commonly referred to as dark spots can occur at any point in life. These spots may be caused by age or sun exposure. In addition, dark spots may be associated with certain skin conditions or may be a result of specific medications. In general, dark spots tend to be harmless, but you should always have them checked by a physician.
Dr. Nazarian’s Expert Advice on Caring for Body Acne and Dark Spots
What better time to take care of bothersome dark spot and body acne than while quarantined in your home? Don’t let the Coronavirus get you down. Use this time to take care of yourself.
NazarianSkin Polish - Having the right products is one of the most important parts of taking care of acne. With body acne, I suggest using the NazarianSkin Polish in the shower after cleansing your skin. This product is designed to exfoliate the skin with environmentally safe microbeads and fruit acids by removing dry, dead skin cells and excess oils. As a result, you will be left with healthier and more youthful-looking skin. Pro tip: Leave it on your skin for a few minutes before rinsing off.
Environ Derma-Lac Body Lotion - In addition, our Polish skin cleanser is designed to help lighten dark spots on the skin. Exfoliating in the shower will help encourage skin turnover. After your shower, you will want to moisturize with Environ DermaLac. This moisturizer will help prevent acne breakouts as well as treat pigmentation and keratosis pilaris, which is known to cause small bumps to appear on the upper arms, legs, and buttocks.
Nazarian Skincare Polish Benefits:
- Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid USP and exfoliation beads gently slough off dull, damaged skin to improve skin radiance and minimize pores
- Arbutin is a natural skin brightener
- Green Tea Polyphenols, Vitamins A-C-E, Bisabolol and Co-Q10
- Calms and soothes skin
Environ Body DermaLac Lotion Benefits:
- Contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Lactic acid, Urea and Ammonium Lactate).
- Ideal for rough, sun-damaged or congested skin.
- This lotion has a watery consistency, which means a little goes a long way.
- Hydrates skin efficiently and provide an overall soothing experience.
- It helps smooth and soften rough, dry skin on elbows, feet, and knees.
- Perfect lotion to use after exfoliating the body.
View this post on Instagram
Think of the light at the end of the tunnel. In this case, the light is an epic Pre Sale 😎 Although we don’t know exactly when our doors will open up again, we want you to have the option of giving yourself a little treat when they do. 🤍 Staying at home and keeping up your self-care regimen is a must right now, but for those of you who come to the Spa on a regular basis, you know there’s no *real* at home replacement for our staff, lasers, and treatments. Book now and get 20% off any spa treatment for when you come back in. Our gift to you, for staying home and keeping yourselves and the rest of the world safe. 💝 #StayHome
We Want to Hear From You!
In the comments below tell us what’s up! How are you spending your time in quarantine? Are you able to give yourself a little extra pampering? Have you tried any of the products mentioned above? Drop us a line down below and tell us what’s on your mind!