This advanced formula hydrates the outermost layer of the skin. It is clinically proven to repair damaged cells 24 hrs following the first application. Fruit enzymes extracted from kiwi, pineapple, and figs stimulate cell turnover. These proteins increase the skin’s self-healing process to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Several ceramides are blended with vitamin E to improve water retention and moisturize dry skin. In 21 days, skin imperfections will begin to dissolve and appear smoother to the touch. If you want to learn more about the best skincare for Dry Skin, see the following collection: Skincare for Dry Skin
Product Size: 1.7 fl oz (50.27ml)
Benefits of Barrier Renewal Complex
- Minimizes inflammation
- Improves texture & tone
- Reduces visible signs of aging
- Improves the skin’s outer barrier
- Stimulates cell turnover
- Provides intense hydration & moisture renewal
- Highly absorbent
- Replenishes skin cells
- Minimizes minor imperfections
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces the size of pores
- Gently exfoliates skin
- Visible results within the first 24 hrs
- Exfoliates with fruit enzymes
- Suitable for all skin types
- Paraben-Free and Fragrance-Free
- Improves the function of Aquaporin-3
- Ideal for all skin types
Related Skin Concerns
- Dull Skin
- Uneven Skin Tone and Texture
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Applicable Body Parts
How To Use
Proper Barrier Renewal Complex Usage
- Apply daily in the morning and night
- Upon first use, turn the bottle upside down and firmly tap the base 4-5 times
- Turn the bottle right-side up and release excess air by pressing the pump repeatedly until the liquid is dispensed
- Using the pump, apply small dots to the face, neck and décolletage.
- Gently infuse the moisturizer into the skin with your fingertips using a circular motion
- After morning application, apply the suitable EltaMD sunscreen for your skin type
- Squalane: Derived from squalene, this oily substance from olives restores moisture and elasticity retention to the skin. It also strengthens the natural lipid film by increasing the skin’s natural hydration system.
- Biotin: A multiplex vitamin nourishes and improves skin health while stimulating lipogenesis.
- Ceramides: Creates a natural barrier for the skin’s outer layer, improves cellular formation, and corrects a defective membrane in the lipid barrier.
- Tocopherol: Protects skin from damage and reduces free radicals which are harmful to the skin. This anti-inflammatory vitamin also improves cellular function.
- Caprooyl Phytosphingosine, Caprooyl Sphingosine: Restore the health, elasticity, and lipid function on the outer skin layer to repair damaged skin.
- Enzymes- Ficin, Actinidin, Bromelain: Reduces the effects of compromised skin by treating inflammation and breaking down dead skin cells on the outer layer of the skin for a smoother texture.
Purified Water, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Ceramide NP, Cholesterol, Ceramide EOS, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide NS, Ceteareth-25, Ceramide EOP, Caprooyl Sphingosine, Caprooyl Phytosphingosine, Ceramide AP, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xylitylglucoside, Squalane, Anhydroxylitol, PEG-7 Trimethylolpropane Coconut Ether, Polyisobutene, Piptadenia Colubrina Peel Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Bromelain, Tocopherol, Xylitol, Ficin, Glutamine, Biotin, Proline, Behenic Acid, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Hexadecanol, Sodium Bisulfite, Disodium EDTA.
Shipping & Returns
Items will typically ship within 2-10 days of placing your order under the standard shipping option. For our return policy, please click here.
Barrier Renewal Complex FAQs
Is Elta MD a good moisturizer?
Elta MD's Barrier Renewal Complex daily moisturizer is a quick and ideal form of deep hydration for your skin. It is clinically proven to repair damaged cells within 24 hours.
What does ceramides do to your face?
Ceramides provide a natural film on top of the skin’s outer layer to strengthen, moisturize, and protect against environmental irritants.