Silagen strips are silicone sheeting that aids in the appearance and texture of scars. These strips are clear and intended for use on any area of the body. There are three reusable strips in this package. If you want to learn more about the best skincare for Scars, see the following collection: Scars
Silagen Clear Strips Benefits
- The 1” x 3” sheeting is ideal for linear scars up to 2” in lengths such as from breast augmentation
- liposuction, biopsy, excisions, and laparoscopic procedures. Silagen sheeting is 1mm in thickness for durability and longer usable life (3-4 weeks vs 7-10 days with Scar Away and other OTC silicone sheeting).
How to Use Clear Strips
- Begin use after 2 weeks (you may begin using the strips once the wound has closed - no bleeding or oozing) and after any stitches have been removed.
- Do not put on open wounds.
- Ensure the scar area is clean and dry, as well as free from creams, lotions, ointments, and powders.
- Apply strip to scar/area desired for treatment.
- Allow drying.
- Once dry, cosmetics and compression garments may be used over the scar.
- Use twice daily for 8-12 weeks for optimal results. Patients who use Silagen consistently twice a day for 2 months get the best results.
- If you are prone to forming excessive scars (hypertrophic or keloid) you may want to continue treatment for up to 6 months.
- Do not use the sheets in combination with the Silagen gel or additional strips. They will not stick to the skin if you do.
Silagen Clear Strip Ingredients
Contact us for details about the proper use of this item.
Shipping & ReturnsItems will typically ship within 2-10 days of placing your order under the standard shipping option. For our return policy, please click here.