Silagen strips are silicone sheeting that aids in the appearance and texture of scars. These strips are clear and intended for use in the abdomen/extremity area. If you want to learn more about the best skincare for Scars, see the following collection: Scars
Silagen Ab Extremity Strips in Clear Benefits
- Silagen is a clinically proven effective scar treatment and prevention line for hypertrophic scars, burn scars, keloids, and abnormal scarring
- Silagen 100% medical-grade silicone gel sheeting helps flatten and soften raised or thick scars
- Cushion and protect new or sensitive scars, and reduce redness, itching, and pain
How to Use Extremity Strips
- Begin use after 2 weeks (you may begin using the strips once the wound has closed - no bleeding or oozing) and after any stitches have been removed.
- Do not put on open wounds.
- Ensure the scar area is clean and dry, as well as free from creams, lotions, ointments, and powders.
- Apply strip to scar/area desired for treatment.
- Allow drying.
- Once dry, cosmetics and compression garments may be used over the scar.
- Use twice daily for 8-12 weeks for optimal results. Patients who use Silagen consistently twice a day for 2 months get the best results.
- If you are prone to forming excessive scars (hypertrophic or keloid) you may want to continue treatment for up to 6 months.
- Do not use the sheets in combination with the Silagen gel or additional strips. They will not stick to the skin if you do.
Silagen Extremity Strips Ingredients
Polymerized Siloxanes (medical grade silicone)
Shipping & ReturnsItems will typically ship within 2-10 days of placing your order under the standard shipping option. For our return policy, please click here.