Discoloration Defense is a layerable, daily-use dark spot corrector clinically proven to reduce the appearance of key types of skin discoloration, including hard-to-treat forms such as stubborn brown patches and post-acne marks. Formulated with 3% tranexamic acid, 1% kojic acid, 5% niacinamide, and 5% HEPES, this latest-generation formula improves the appearance of skin discoloration, brightens skin, and evens skin tone in as early as 2 weeks. If you want to learn more about the best skincare for Hyperpigmentation + Sun Spots, see the following collection: Hyperpigmentation Products
Product Size: 1 fl oz | 30 ml
SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense Benefits
- Features a synergistic blend of anti-discoloration ingredients to reduce the appearance of skin discoloration, improve brightness, and minimize the recurrence of discoloration (with continued use)
- 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches1
- 34% average reduction in post-blemish marks in deeper skin tones2
- Paraben-, fragrance-, silicone-, gluten-, and hydroquinone-free
- The ideal at-home complement to professional skin discoloration treatments, such as chemical peels or non-ablative laser; always consult with aphysicianfor individual regimen recommendations
How To Use
How to Use Discoloration Defense
- Twice daily, apply 3-5 drops of this skin discoloration serum to the face
- If using in the morning, apply after a SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum and follow with a SkinCeuticals broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen
- Limit sun exposure while using this product
- Do not use it on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
Discoloration Defense key Ingredients
- 3% Tranexamic Acid This synthetically-derived ingredient minimizes the recurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches with continued use.
- 1% Kojic Acid Naturally produced by certain fungi, kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
- 5% Niacinamide Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. It has been shown to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
- 5% HEPES This synthetically-derived acid activates natural enzymes in the skin to help break the bonds that bind dead skin cells to the surface for even exfoliation.
SkinCeuticals Defense Ingredients
Aqua / Water, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Glycerin, Tranexamic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Kojic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Allantoin, Chlorphenesin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta
Shipping & Returns
Items will typically ship within 2-10 days of placing your order under the standard shipping option. For our return policy, please click here.