*** MUST READ PRODUCT USE INSTRUCTIONS ***
Silagen – Silicone Gel + SPF 30
- Includes medical grade silicone + zinc oxide
- No chemical sunscreens
- Helps prevent UV-induced scar hyperpigmentation
- Non-comedogenic and non-irritating
- Ideal for exposed areas such as face, neck, chest, arms, hands
PRODUCT USE INSTRUCTIONS
- Begin use after 2 weeks. * You may begin using the gel once the wound has closed – no bleeding or oozing – and after any removable stitches have been removed.
- Do not put on open wounds.
- Ensure scar area is clean and dry, as well as free from creams, lotions, ointments and powders.
- Apply a very small amount of gel to scar and gently massage.
- Allow to dry.
- Once dry, cosmetics and compression garments may be used over the scar.
- Use twice daily for 8-12 weeks for optimal results. Patients who use Silagen consistently twice a day for 2 months get the best results.
- If you are prone to forming excessive scars (hypertophic or keloid) you may want to continue treatment for up to 6 months.
- Do not use the gel under Silagen silicone sheets, strips or shapes. They will not stick to the skin if you do.