This specialized gel with SPF 30 protects scars from hyperpigmentation caused by UV exposure with silicone scar treatment and zinc oxide. If you want to learn more about the best skincare for Scars, see the following collection: Scars
Product Size: 30 g / 1 oz
Silagen Silicone Gel SPF Benefits
- Includes medical grade silicone + zinc oxide
- No chemical sunscreens
- Helps prevent UV-induced scar hyperpigmentation
- Non-comedogenic and non-irritating
- Ideal for exposed areas such as face, neck, chest, arms, hands
How to Use Silagen SPF 30
- Begin use after 2 weeks (you may begin using the gel once the wound has closed no bleeding or oozing) and after any removable stitches have been removed.
- Do not put on open wounds.
- Ensure the scar area is clean and dry, as well as free from creams, lotions, ointments, and powders.
- Apply a very small amount of gel to the scar and gently massage.
- Allow drying.
- Once dry, cosmetics and compression garments may be used over the scar.
- Use twice daily for 8-12 weeks for optimal results. Patients who use Silagen consistently twice a day for 2 months get the best results.
- If you are prone to forming excessive scars (hypertrophic or keloid) you may want to continue treatment for up to 6 months.
- Do not use the gel under Silagen silicone sheets, strips, or shapes. They will not stick to the skin if you do.
Silicone Gel Ingredients
Contact us for details about the proper use of this item
Shipping & ReturnsItems will typically ship within 2-10 days of placing your order under the standard shipping option. For our return policy, please click here.