The Skin Spot
Your Privacy Rights
Last Updated August 30, 2017
The Skin Spot’s Commitment to Privacy
We respect your right to privacy. We do not sell, rent, share or disclose personal information to third parties without your prior consent, except in the circumstances described in this Privacy Statement. In addition, your ability to make informed choices about the uses of your information is important to us. This privacy statement explains our policy regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information. The links below provide detailed information about our privacy practices:
- What is Personal Information?
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information by The Skin Spot
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Other Uses and Disclosures
- Online Specifics
- Use of theskinspot .com Site by Children
- Questions or Concerns
- Changes to this Statement
B. Collection of Personal Information
We collect the personal information that you provide us, such as when you:
- sign up for or renew your Skin Spot membership;
- register to use theskinspot.com or sign up for news or notifications of specials or other promotions on theskinspot.com;
- place an order or purchase products or services, online or otherwise;
- contact us for any reason;
- participate in a survey or promotion; or
- sign up for or participate in our various Member Services.
We may automatically collect some information when you visit our website, such as your computer’s IP address and operating system, the site from which you linked to us, your site activity, the time and date of your visit, and your purchases. This information may be collected through the use of “cookies” and web beacons (see Online Specifics below). We also receive information from third parties who help us correct our records, prevent fraud, and provide Member Services or special promotions our products. We may combine any of this information with the other personal information we maintain about you.
C. Use of Personal Information by The Skin Spot
The personal information we collect is generally used to process your requests or transactions, provide you with high-quality service, tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest and administer your account, including distribution of our own surveys and publications. For example, we may:
- Alert you about product recalls or safety issues;
- Communicate membership opportunities and programs; and
- Provide you with promotional information, such as coupons, offers and product recommendations, or information about Member Services (“Promotional Information”). If you prefer not to receive Promotional Information from us, we make it easy for you to let us know. You may contact us at any time to decline Promotional Information (see Choice below).
D. Sharing of Personal Information
We share information in these circumstances:
1. Order Fulfillment
We may provide to a third party information as necessary to fulfill an order you have placed with us. For example, we may provide your address to a shipper, and if you pay by a credit or debit card, your card number and sales transaction information are passed to the card processor and/or issuer (including their service providers such as fraud verification services). However, we give suppliers, and others involved in the distribution chain only the information needed to provide you the products or services you order, and we require them to keep the information confidential and not to use it for other purposes. We are not responsible for any information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them.
2. Our Contractors
We may contract with others to perform services on our behalf. For example, we might retain a company to process credit card payments, ship merchandise, distribute emails, process rebates or analyze data. If any of these service providers need access to your personal information, we require them to use it only to perform the services for us. We also require that they maintain the confidentiality of the information and/or return the information to us when they no longer need it.
E. Other Uses and Disclosures
In addition, we may use or disclose personal information in the good faith belief that we are lawfully authorized to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to protect you, to comply with legal process or authorities, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of The Skin Spot, our Members, our employees or the public. Information about our Members, including personal information, may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger or sale of company assets or acquisition.
We give you choices related to your personal information, and numerous methods to inform us of your decision. Your choice to opt-out will not apply to your spouse and any add-on members.
1. If you do not want us to share Member Information with third parties, you can: (a) check the opt-out box on our membership applications; (b) follow the opt-out instructions on your renewal notices; (c) call our Membership Services representatives at 310-659-0500; (e) email us at email@example.com.
2. If you do not want to receive Promotional Information (see Use of Personal Information by The Skin Spot) or information about Member Services, you can: (a) call our Membership Services representatives at 310-659-0500; (c) email us at firstname.lastname@example.org..
G. Online Specifics
1. Information Gathering and Use.
Like most web sites, our servers log your IP address, the URL from which you accessed our site, your browser type, and the date and time of your purchases and other activities. We use this information for system administration, troubleshooting, fraud investigation and communications from The Skin Spot (only).
Finally, we use web beacons to determine when and how many times a page has been viewed. Again, we use this information for our own marketing purposes.
Your browser will accept cookies and allow automatic collection of information unless you change the browser default settings. If cookies are disabled the web site will not load properly.
2. Links to Other Sites
3. Updating, Reviewing or Correcting Online Personal Information
You may update, review or correct your online account information at any time by accessing your password-protected registration page via the “My Account” area of the Web site. You also may email us at email@example.com or call us at 310-659-0500.
H. Use of theskinspot.com Web Site by Children
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect information from children who are under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you should not provide information on theskinspot.com website.
J. Changes to this Statement
We may change this privacy statement at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating at the top of the privacy statement the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review our privacy statement to make sure you understand how your personal information will be used. If we make a material change to how we use personal information and the new uses are unrelated to uses we disclose in this statement, we will communicate the changes in advance.